Approve a Timesheet
To approve a timesheet, follow these steps:
1. Under the Employees tab,
click the correct category of employee (bi-weekly or monthly) for the timesheet you
wish to view.
2. Click Details to access the employee's timesheet.
Note: You cannot approve or
modify a timesheet until it has been submitted. If necessary, you can
submit a timesheet on behalf of an employee by clicking the Submit button.
The column on the far right (shown below) shows you the status of the
3. After clicking Details, you can do any of the
- Approve the timesheet (send it to payroll to be processed)
- Reject the timesheet (return it to the
- Modify the timesheet (make changes on
behalf of the employee)
To approve the timesheet, click the Approve Timesheet button.
The timesheet will be sent to payroll.
Note: You will
have a small window during which you can still modify or reject the
timesheet after you have approved it. However, once Payroll begins
to process the
timesheet, you will lose the buttons allowing you to reject or modify.
Therefore, it is important to ensure that everything is accurate before you
approve the timesheet and send it to payroll for processing.