Request the Riverbat for Your Event
As an ambassador for Austin Community College, the ACC Riverbat is dedicated to spreading spirit and fun to everyone he meets.
The following information is designed to assist you in making a request to include the ACC Riverbat in your upcoming event or program. Each request will receive fair and consistent consideration and will be confirmed based upon availability and department policies. Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee an appearance.
All requests must be submitted using the Appearance Request Form below. Requests should be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event. Please furnish as much detail as possible and allow 5-7 business days to receive a response to your request.
The ACC Riverbat is available for appearances throughout the year. (Note: Summer months may be harder to fulfill an appearance request.)
- If the assigned mascot must cancel due to illness, personal emergency, class issues, etc., ACC will make an effort to find a replacement. If a replacement cannot be found, or adverse weather conditions arise, you will be notified of a cancellation as soon as possible.
- ACC may refuse a request if it is decided that the event or location is not suitable for an ACC mascot.
- All publicity for the event which mentions an appearance by the ACC Riverbat (including logos), must be approved by the ACC Public Information & College Marketing office before use. (For approval please contact 512.223.7595)
- Accurate directions, location, phone number and a contact name must be provided at least 24 hours in advance.
- The maximum travel distance for appearances is 50 miles. Any request more than 50 miles will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please provide parking and a secure area for the Riverbat’s belongings. An escort for the Riverbat may be needed for added security for evening activities. Reimbursement for incurred parking fees is required at time of event.
- Please provide a private, clean, and lockable place for the Riverbat to change clothes and take breaks. Bathrooms are unacceptable.
- The time allowed for a Riverbat appearance is 90 mins to 120 mins. with breaks every 30 minutes. More frequent breaks may be required in excessive heat and humidity. Bottled water must be provided for each 30 minutes of the appearance.
- Please provide a skirted table or booth with chairs for any autograph sessions.
- The Riverbat will bring all props and music if an entertainment performance is requested. (The event must provide AV equipment and electricity to play the music.)