A World of Opportunities Within Your Reach
Learning should be fun, and college should be an exciting path for any student who works hard. Upward Bound is a program that is designed to transform your high school experience by exploring, participating, and discovering the opportunities that await you beyond high school.
Upward Bound Benefits
- Receive tutoring and individualized advising support for continued high school success.
- Explore college through college tours, field trips, and social/cultural programming.
- Develop your leadership skills through mentorship and real-world workshop sessions.
- Discover college and career opportunities that fit your personal goals.
Upward Bound is intended for students who are interested and motivated in attending college. To participate in Upward Bound, students must meet the following requirements:
- Show financial need, and/or be a first-generation college student. (See Federal Income Guidelines).
- Attend Reagan ECHS or Travis ECHS.
- Have a valid U.S. Social Security Number.
Upward Bound staff are dedicated to supporting Upward Bound students from freshman year to senior year. However, to ensure that each student is successful, each Upward Bound student must also commit to the following program requirements:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 until graduation.
- Enroll in appropriate, but challenging classes.
- Maintain regular contact with your assigned Upward Bound advisor throughout the academic year.
- Attend all Upward Bound events.
Upward Bound program provides year-round, academic, and college preparation services to students who are interested in pursuing a college education. Upward Bound is a federally-funded TRIO program, and it is free to participating students and families.