|Subject:||Creation, Modification, Rescission of Administrative Rules and Guidelines/Procedures|
|Guideline/Procedure for AR#:||
This Guideline establishes the process for creating, modifying, and rescinding Administrative Rules and Guidelines/Procedures.
The creation, modification, or rescission of Administrative Rules and Guidelines/Procedures will be completed through the ACC shared governance process and requires approval by the President prior to implementation. Decisions about the creation, modification, or rescission of Administrative Rules and Guidelines/Procedures should be made according to the following guiding principles:
∑ Changes with respect to Administrative Rules and Guidelines/Procedures must be consistent with the mission of the college and Board policy.
∑ Such changes must permit the college to more effectively and/or efficiently fulfill its mission and/or implement Board policy.
∑ Such changes that help to assure compliance with the law and/or relevant regulations or that reduce institutional risk are essential to the well-being of the college.
∑ Proposed changes that would reproduce already existing Administrative Rules or Guidelines/Procedures or that are of less than college-wide application are inappropriate.
Guidelines/Procedures - Creation or modification of an Administrative Rule or a Guideline/Procedure
1. Any member of the ACC community may develop a proposal for the creation or modification of an Administrative Rule or Guideline/Procedure.
2. It is the responsibility of the developer of a proposal to consult with the relevant members of the ACC community (e.g., process owners, subject matter experts, and/or affected users) prior to the submission of the proposal for consideration (so as to maximize the likelihood that proposals made are worthy and well developed).
3. The developer submits an electronic copy of the proposal to the appropriate Council Chair at least five working days prior to a scheduled meeting.
4. The Council Chair places the item on the agenda for the first reading. The Council may either:
a. Reject the proposal. If the council rejects the proposal, the Council Chair will inform the developer as to why the Council rejected it.
b. Accept the proposal, either as written, as modified by the Council, or subject to revisions that the developer must complete prior to resubmitting the proposal to the Council Chair within five working days. If the council accepts the proposal, then the proposal will be submitted for broader shared governance consideration.
5. Within five working days of having a final draft of an accepted proposal, the Council Chair will distribute the draft to Association Presidents and submit it for posting to the ACC Administrative Rules draft website for employee comment. Proposals are to be posted for at least 20 days prior to receiving their final Council hearing.
6. All employee comments are to be forwarded by the Council Chair to the developer of the proposal. The developer must account for the comments received either by revising the proposal or by explaining why given comments have not been incorporated into the proposal.
7. The developer submits the final draft of the proposal, along with all employee comments and any required explanations, to the Council Chair at least five working days prior to the next scheduled meeting.
8. The Council reviews the final draft of the proposal at its next meeting.
a. If the proposal is approved, it is forwarded to the Presidentís Office for review/approval.
b. If the proposal is not approved, it may be placed on the next Council agenda for further review, or no further action may be taken.
Guidelines/Procedures Ė Rescission of an Administrative Rule
1. The originator of a proposal to rescind an Administrative Rule submits the substantive rationale for the rescission to the appropriate Council Chair at least five working days prior to a scheduled meeting.
2. The Council Chair places the proposal on the agenda for first reading.
a. If the proposal is not approved, there is no further action.
b. If the proposal is approved, the Council Chair notifies the Association Presidents of the Councilís action and submits the proposal for posting on the ACC Administrative Rules draft website for employee comment. Proposals are to be posted for at least 20 days prior to receiving their final Council hearing.
3. Once the period for comments is closed, the proposal is placed on the Councilís agenda for its second reading.
a. If approved, the proposal to rescind the rule is forwarded to the Presidentís Office for review/approval.
b. If the proposal is not approved, there is no further action.
|President/CEO:||Stephen B. Kinslow||Date:||05/29/09|