|Subject:||Academic Standards of Progress||AR#||4.01.004|
|Based on Board Policy:||D-1, Statement of Instructional Philosophy|
|Approved by Council/President:||Academic and Campus Affairs Council|
09/28/1998; amended 10/14/98, 02/14/03, 02/14/04, 04/21/05, 06/17/05,. 04/21/06, 04/20/07, 07/10/09
Austin Community College District values academic excellence and encourages students to take responsibility for maintaining satisfactory academic progress. When students do not maintain academic progress, the College will intervene as appropriate to assist students in attaining academic success.
The College maintains a system for monitoring academic progress to identify
those students experiencing academic difficulty. The College will intervene in
a student's academic life when circumstances warrant, will limit enrollment and
course selection if considered necessary, and may employ additional
interventions that foster and encourage academic success.
The College's academic standings and interventions are:
1. Good Standing: Cumulative 2.0 GPA or greater, and cumulative 50% or higher course completion rate. Congratulatory statement to the student.
2. Early Alert: Students who do not meet a cumulative 2.0 GPA or a cumulative 50% course completion rate.
Intervention: Students are notified of their academic standing and encouraged to meet with a counselor.
3. Warning: Early Alert moves to Warning when students do not meet the cumulative 2.0 GPA or cumulative 50% course completion rate during the subsequent semester of enrollment. Students must follow the requirements of a performance improvement plan and will remain on Warning as long as the semester GPA is 2.0 or greater and the semester completion rate is 50% or higher.
Intervention: Registration hold applied. Students must meet with a counselor and develop a plan for improvement in order to register.
4. Suspension: Warning moves to Suspension when students on Warning do not meet the standard of a semester 2.0 GPA or semester 50% course completion rate during the subsequent semester of enrollment. Students are suspended for the next fall or spring semester and the accompanying summer.
Intervention: Registration hold applied. Students are notified that they are suspended and may not enroll in any ACC credit courses for the indicated period.
5. Probation: Suspension moves to Probation after the suspension period. Students will remain on Probation as long as the semester GPA is 2.0 or greater and the semester course completion rate is 50% or higher. Students not meeting semester requirements will be suspended for the next fall or spring semester and the accompanying summer.
Intervention: Registration hold applied. Students are notified they must meet with a counselor to develop and follow a plan for improvement and to register for courses.
A student's academic status returns to Good Standing at any point that the student meets the cumulative 2.0 GPA and 50% completion rate standard.
Students receiving financial aid also must comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Financial Aid Recipients.
|President/CEO:||Stephen B. Kinslow||Date:||06/21/10|