|Subject:||Field & International Studies (Study Abroad) Courses||AR#||4.01.016|
|Based on Board Policy:||D-1, Statement of Instructional Philosophy|
|Recommended by Council/President:||Administrative Services Council|
|Date Approved/Amended:||12/07/1987; amended 08/23/00, 06/16/06|
The Austin Community College District recognizes that combining study and travel is an important alternative learning experience for students. Field courses taught outside the College, and international studies courses taught outside the United States, incorporate substantial learning experiences that take advantage of environments not available in a traditional classroom setting.
All such courses will:
1. Be of college-level rigor and complexity;
2. Be in the approved ACC Course Inventory Listing and be offered as described in the College Catalog;
3. Meet all applicable regulations stipulated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and any other applicable accrediting agencies;
4. Be planned and structured in cooperation with the appropriate academic units of the College if college credit is awarded;
5. Incorporate a core of stated learning outcomes or activities which all students are required to demonstrate in order to successfully complete the course;
6. Require individual assessment to determine which students have acquired the learning outcomes;
7. Be taught, evaluated, or directly supervised by an instructor who has met the institution's qualifications for appointment to the ACC faculty; and
8. Conform to all applicable ACC procedures.
|President:||Stephen B. Kinslow||Date:||07/09/07|