|Subject:||Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers|
|Guideline/Procedure for AR#:||6.09.004|
|Date Effective:||05/14/2003; amended 11/19/03|
An employee eligible to receive Tuition Exemption Vouchers is:
1) An employee who has been with the College in a staffing table position for at least 180 days.
a) A full-time staffing table employee is eligible to receive three (3) Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers per fiscal year.
b) A part-time staffing table employee is eligible to receive two (2) Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers per fiscal year.
2) An adjunct faculty member who taught both Fall and Spring semesters of the previous fiscal year and has at least three (3) years of service according to longevity is eligible to receive three (3) Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers.
3) An hourly employee is not eligible to receive Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers.
Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers:
1) Are available for Credit and/or Continuing Education courses offered and authorized by the College. Unauthorized courses are listed at
2) Must be used within the same academic year for which they were issued to enroll in Credit courses.
3) Must be used within the same fiscal year for which they were issued to enroll in Continuing Education courses.
4) Are not transferable.
5) Must be submitted according to the course payment deadlines listed at http://www.austincc.edu/hr/records/voucherdeadlines.php
6) Access and registration are available on line at https://www3.austincc.edu/it/evs/index.php
7) May not be used to secure a refund on a course for which an employee has already paid the tuition.
8) Exempt an eligible employee from the course’s tuition, building fee, students’ activity fee, lab and insurance fee (when applicable). Site fees are not exempt.
9) Shall not be used to attain sufficient enrollment to cause low enrollment courses to make.
1) If the College cancels a course for which the Employee Tuition Exemption Voucher was used, the voucher will be reinstated. It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the Student Accounting Office to reinstate the voucher.
2) An employee may enroll using Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers in a job-related and/or a non-job related course during work hours if recommended by the immediate Supervisor and approved by the next-level supervisor. Non-job related courses require the employee either to make up the missed hours, or to charge them against available leaves.
1) If an employee drops a course in which they enrolled via the Employee Tuition Exemption Vouchers prior to the first day of class, the voucher the employee used may be reinstated. It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the Student Accounting Office to reinstate the voucher.
2) If an employee drops a course on or after the course’s first day of class, the voucher used by the employee cannot be reinstated.
|President/CEO:||Stephen B. Kinslow||Date:||03/31/04|