If the Admissions and Records Office requests proof of Texas residency, you must submit one document from List A and one document from List B. These can serve as proof you established a Texas domicile and maintained Texas residency for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the census date of the term in which you enroll.
List A - Document proof of domicile
Submit one document from the list below to support establishment of domicile in Texas. You also need one document from List B.
- Employer-provided employment verification, proof of self-employment or living off earnings statement.
- Ownership in real property sole or joint.
- Marriage to a person who has established and maintained domicile in Texas.
- Ownership in a Business in part or whole in Texas.
List B - Document proof of physical residency
Submit one document from the list below to support physical presence for 12 consecutive months in Texas. You also need one document from List A.
- Utility bills in name of the person.
- Texas high school transcript.
- Transcript from a Texas institution.
- Texas driver’s license or Texas ID card showing origination date.
- Texas voter registration card showing origination date.
- Pay stubs.
- Bank statements.
- Written statements from one or more social service agencies.
- Lease or rental of residential real property in the name of the person.
The following documents may lend support to clarify domicile or physical presence in Texas.
- Tax returns for most recent tax year.
- Visa, passport, or other pertinent immigration documents.
- Lease and Earnings Statement (LES).
- License to conduct business in Texas.