If the meningitis law applies to you, you can register and pay for classes while you complete the requirement.
IMPORTANT: Your documents must be processed and approved before your tuition payment deadline or you will be dropped from classes without notice.
Ways to comply with law
You may choose to:
- Submit proof of vaccination within the last five years; or
- Opt out of the vaccine by submitting an exemption form based on medical reasons or conscientious objection.
Vaccination records & medical exemptions
To submit vaccination records or medical exemptions:
- Log in to Online Services
- Go to Academic Planning.
- Click Student Statuses.
- Under Holds , look for the HRC. This is the meningitis law hold. You will not see this hold unless the law applies to you.
- Click the Magnus Health link next to the HRC hold. You will be directed to the Magnus Health website.
- Complete your information as directed. Magnus Health will send you an ACCmail message with login information.
- Check your ACCmail for the Magnus Health login information.
- Go to Magnus Health.
- Log in to the website using the username and temporary password in your email.
- Create a new password to obtain instructions and access your Magnus barcode cover sheet. This barcode cover sheet must accompany your shot record.
- Scan and upload, fax, or mail your vaccination record and barcode cover sheet to Magnus Health. (For fax assistance, visit Admissions & Records with your printed Magnus coversheet and Immunization Record.)
- Magnus will review your documents and email an approved or rejected confirmation receipt. Your hold will be removed with ACC within two to three business days of approval.
Conscientious objection exemption
A printer is required to submit the conscientious objection steps:
- Go to the state’s online meningitis requirement exemption form.
- Fill out and print the exemptions certificate. DO NOT sign it.
- Bring the certificate and your official photo ID to any campus Admissions & Records Office. We do NOT accept faxed or emailed copies.
- Sign and submit the form in the Admissions & Records Office. Your student hold will be removed immediately upon completion.
If you obtain the vaccination outside the United States, it's important to confirm you receive one of the following accepted vaccines:
- Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4)
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)