Acceptable Residency Documentation

If the Admissions and Records Office requests proof of Texas residency, you have the option to submit:

  • One document from List A only; OR
  • Documents from BOTH List B and List C.

The document(s) will serve as proof you established a Texas domicile and maintained Texas residency for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the census date of the term in which you enroll.

List A - Single document proof of residency

Submit one of the following documents.

  • Employer-provided employment verification, proof of self-employment or living off earnings statement.
  • Ownership in real property sole or joint.
  • Marriage to a person who has established and maintained domicile in Texas.
  • Ownership in a Business in part or whole in Texas.

List B&C - Two-document proof of residency

If you do not have a single document from the list above, submit one document from each of the lists below.

List B

  • Utility bills in name of the person.
  • Texas high school transcript.
  • Transcript from a Texas institution.
  • Texas driver’s license or Texas ID card showing origination date.
  • Texas voter registration card showing origination date.
  • Pay stubs.
  • Bank statements.
  • Written statements from one or more social service agencies.
  • Lease or rental of residential real property in the name of the person.

List C

  • Tax returns for most recent tax year.
  • Visa, passport, or other pertinent immigration documents.
  • Lease and Earnings Statement (LES).
  • License to conduct business in Texas.