Show proof of financial solvency
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) require international students to submit proof of financial solvency. The estimated amount required for tuition and living expenses is $28,000 U.S. dollars per year. Additional proof of $5,000 is required for each dependent.
Private funds can be provided by individuals such as the student, friends, or family members. Financial support can come from inside or outside the United States.
See the chart below for an estimate of costs. This amount meets the educational expenses (tuition fees, room and board, and other miscellaneous expenses) during the first year at Austin Community College. On-campus employment is not and will not be considered in determining financial solvency.
Health insurance is not required but is strongly recommended. The fees for health insurance are not calculated into the student’s semester tuition bill but purchased separately.
Note: The amounts are in U.S. currency and are estimates, subject to change without notice.
|Breakdown of Estimated Costs|
|Tuition and Fees||$13,000|
|Additional Cost Per Dependent||$5,000|
|Total Cost with One Dependent||$33,000|
In addition to the signed Statement of Financial Support form, you must submit a statement of your bank account and/or each parent or sponsor.
If you are funded by multiple sponsors, each sponsor needs to provide a Statement of Financial Support form along with a bank statement.
Follow these guidelines when submitting your bank statements
- Statements must be current - issued no more than 6 months before the student’s start date at ACC.
- Fall application: Bank statement cannot be dated earlier than March of the same year you are applying.
- Spring application: Bank statement cannot be dated earlier than August of the same year you are applying.
- Summer application: Bank statement cannot be dated earlier than January of the same year you are applying
- Original documents and signatures are required. Faxes, photocopies, or scanned/imaged copies are not accepted.
- Statements must be legible, clearly reflecting the account holder’s name, type of account, bank name, branch, and balance.
- Statements regarding investments such as stocks, bonds, 401k's, and current salary statements are not accepted.
If your sponsor is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Submit the USCIS Form I-134 – Affidavit of Support if your sponsor is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. This form can be accessed from www.uscis.gov and by selecting the forms link (Form I-134). This form will be submitted in addition to the ACC Statement of Financial Support form and the bank statement.
If your sponsor is a company, agency, or government
Provide an original letter on the company, agency or government’s letterhead. The letter must be signed and dated by an official of the company, agency or government. It must include the following information:
- Required amount stated above ($28,000 U.S. dollars)
- Terms of sponsorship
- Address where invoices must be sent