Classes available online or at ACC for the
Bachelor of Arts and Applied Science in Sustainable Building degree
from Stephen F. Austin State University
In June, 2010 Austin Community College and Stephen F. Austin State University signed an agreement that allows ACC students to transfer up to 66 credit hours of ACC classes to satisfy requirements towards a 123 credit hour Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Sustainable Building degree.
Details about the Sustainable Building degree:
- SFASU courses may be taken in Austin or on line. There is no need to travel to SFASU in Nacogdoches.
- New students begin the BAAS courses in the fall semester.
- Students in the Construction Management AAS degree plan can transfer up to 40 Building Construction Technology (BCT) credit hours and 26 hours from the academic core. Certificate-seeking students and those with non-BCT specializations will transfer fewer hours.
General BAAS degree information
SFASU offers several BAAS degree areas of specialization besides Sustainable Building. The articulation agreement that SFASU and ACC signed modifies some of the standard BAAS degree
details for the Sustainable Building specialization:
- up to 66 total credit hours can be transferred, including 40 hours of Building Construction classes for Construction Management AAS graduates.
- no residence work at SFASU in Nacogdoches is required; their Sustainable Building classes are available either online or at ACC.
SFASU's BASS program page describes the program and eligibility requirements. For questions on the Sustainable Building degree, contact Dr. Steven Cooper, Director of the BAAS program, email@example.com, 936-468-6066. For details on which ACC classes, including core classes, are equivalent to specific SFASU classes check the SFASU Course Equivalency Guide. The BCT faculty have developed the list and sequence of courses that may be specific to each individual student who enrolls in the program.
Tuition and scholarship information
Interested students who have already graduated should contact the Building Construction Department Chair or Dr. Steven Cooper, SFASU BAAS program director, at 936-468-6066, firstname.lastname@example.org. Current students who commit to the BAAS should seek advising from ACC faculty or Dr. Cooper.
Students must first apply to Stephen F. Austin State University; the online application is available at https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX. As part of this process, they need to submit official transcripts for all of their coursework at institutions of higher education.
Once the student is accepted at SFASU, the next step is to complete the BAAS Application (PDF). The BAAS program begins in the fall; the application deadline for the fall semester is July 31.
Signing the articulation agreement between ACC and SFASU
Front row: Building Construction department chair Warren Heatwole, ACC Interim Vice President Mike Midgley, ACC President Dr. Stephen Kinslow, Stephen F Austin State University College of Liberal & Applied
Arts Dean Dr. Brian Murphy, SFASU LAA Assistant Dean Dr. Steven Cooper
Building Construction faculty and students