Introductory blueprint reading for residential and light commercial construction.
The course focus is on reading and interpreting residential/ commercial blueprints. Students will decode and memorize blueprint symbols. Through completing the readings and activities, students will gain a working understanding of blueprint reading fundamentals. Students will integrate and apply this information to project management activities.
Students learn to:
- Decode prints symbols
- Understand the structure and order of prints
- Distinguish print components - framing plans, roofing plans
- Utilize contruction math as it pertains to prints
- Understand the anatomy of residential and commercial structures
- Utilze problem solving strategies to print reading
- Understand how various building codes apply to residential structures
- Acquire knowledge of building materials
or department approval or department approval
Syllabus is available on the current semester's schedule page