Career related activities encountered in the student's area of specialization are offered through a cooperative agreement between the college, employer, and student. Under supervision of the college and the employer, the student combines classroom learning with work experience. Directly related to a technical discipline, specific learning objectives guide the student through the paid work experience. This course may be repeated if topics and learning outcomes vary. Department approval recommended.
- The student is responsible for applying, interviewing, and securing an internship position.
- The student must work out a schedule with the company to complete 128 clock hours over the course of the semester.
- The student will negotiate the salary, if any, with the company.
- The student must document the dates and times of work.
- The student must provide written description of work performed.
- The student is responsible for downloading the Employer Questionnaire and having it filled out by the employer.
- The student will download and complete the exit interview sheet.
- Provide all underlined information in a folder to be turned in to one of the instructors listed below.
The due date is the Wednesday before the end of the semester.
For more details, contact any of the following instructors (their email addresses are on the faculty/staff page).
Warren Heatwole, (512) 223-6084 or (512) 618-7090.
Pam Powell, (512) 223-6383
Ray Lorio, (512) 845-8194
Case (512) 223-0348
Syllabus is available on the current semester's schedule page
Employer Questionnaire (PDF)
Exit Interview (PDF)