Fundamentals of estimating materials and labor costs in construction.
Students learn the basics of cost estimating and how to develop takeoffs to create estimates for equipment, labor and materials for a project. Students will read blueprints and interpret building specifications to verify dimensions, components and the total count of those components.
- Instruction in estimating
- Contracts, bonds and insurance
- The estimate
- Overhead and Contingencies
- Labor and equipment
- Excavation, Concrete
- Wood, framing
- Thermal and moisture protection
- Doors and windows
- Finishes: Exterior and Interior
- Final: Estimating a house plan
or department approval or department approval
Syllabus is available on the current semester's schedule page