Advanced estimating concepts using computer software programs for the construction and crafts.
Students explore the tools necessary to create and estimate while they build on their existing knowledge of estimating concepts and techniques. Students use Microsoft Excel and Sage Timberline Estimating to create professional-looking estimates using industry-standard applications.
Students will continue with the concepts from CNBT 1446, Construction Estimating I.
- Examination of the bid documents
- Familiarization with construction documents
- Subcontractor call list
- Quantity take-off
- Pricing determine general conditions costs (Genera Conditions cost)
- Compilation of the bid: the bid summary sheet
- Analyzing subcontract bids
- Adding appropriate mark-ups
- Completion of bid
- Completion of bid forms
- Submission of the bid
- Labor cost control
- Controlling subcontractors
- Loss prevention
- Cost control strategies
CNBT 1446 Construction Estimating I
or department approval or department approval
Syllabus is available on the current semester's schedule page