A presentation of the basic mechanical, plumbing and electrical components in construction and their relationship to the overall building. Besides lectures on electrical, plumbing and HVAC, students get hands-on practice in:
- wiring a one bedroom building
- installing pipes for plumbing
- install an HVAC system, including
- learning how to safely and legally handle freon
- building duct work
- soldering the tubing to connect the compressor to the inside air conditioning unit.
Graduates may work as a superintendent with licensed electricians, plumbers and HVAC technicians. This class is intended to provide an overview and some hands-on practice in those trades so students understand some of what is involved in the electrical, plumbing and HVAC areas. It is NOT intended as a course to become licensed in any of those professions.
Syllabus is available on the current semester's schedule page
Photos of electrical lab work
Photos of plumbing lab work
Photos of HVAC lab work