There are a lot of activities happening in the next few months for the student chapter! All students are welcome to join us in these events...and are encouraged to join the student chapter of the National Association of Home Builders.
For information on any of the events and activities, contact any of the student officers (their names are on the bulletin board in the hallway between the lab workshops in Building C, Riverside campus) or contact faculty advisor Pam Powell.
Special Education Opportunities | Student Chapter Events | Historical
Special Educational Opportunities (current and historical)
Green Boots seminars presented by the Austin HBA is great training on green building practices. There are 12 modules, 2 modules per month from March - August. Each module is 5 hours. Participants who attend all modules receive a "green builder" certification. Trade contractors will receive a certificate for each 5-hour session with many of the trade groups content split into two 5-hour modules.
- Green Building Design - March 10 and 24
- Building Envelope - April 1 and 14
- Foundations and Plumbing - May 5
- HVAC - May 12
- Electrical Lighting and Solar - June 17 and 23
- Interior Design and Finishes - July 14 and 23
- Site Management and Landscaping - August 20 and 25
Cost for student chapter members is $12.50 per class or $125 for the series (half the regular cost). Learn more or register at the HBA web site.
- November - December: Build and sell cutting boards as a holiday fund raiser.
- November/December 2008: Build and sell cutting boards as a holiday fund raiser. Small boards are 10 x 16 and cost $25; large ones are 12 x 18 and are $35. Contact faculty advisor Pam Powell, Warren Heatwole or other instructors to buy a board.
- Fall 2008 semester