Adjunct Professor, Building Construction Technology since 2005
- BS-Tennessee State University School of Engineering
- 485 hours of IBM/Motorola sponsored courses in management, engineering and finance
- 1992 - Buchanan Consultants & Associates, Inc is Certified by the City of
Austin and the State of Texas by the Texas Building & Proucurement
Commission (TBPC) as a Historically Underutilized Business Firm (HUB)
- Hayes International (1963 - 1964) Facility Engineer
- Engineer - IBM (1964-1992) - responsible for design, estimates and construction of facilities projects; Space Planning Manager for the Austin IBM site. Held other engineering, planning and management positions during his 28 years at IBM.
- Project Manager - Motorola Facility Engineering Department. (1992 - 1996)
- Established the planning firm of Buchanan Consulting and Associates, Inc. (1992 - present) which provide project management support services in the Austin area to architects, engineering firms and construction contractors.
- Teaching with ACC since 2005