Welcome to Austin Community College. The faculty and staff of ACC are committed to helping you reach your goals. After all, your success is the reason we're here.
This catalog provides a wealth of information and resources you can use from registration to graduation. I encourage you to take advantage of the information you'll find in these pages and the vast array of support services the college offers. Here are some helpful tips:
- Find your path. ACC offers more than 100 areas of study, so you have a lot of options. Our counselors, faculty advisors, and career centers are great tools to help you choose one of them. For an in-depth look at different fields, register for Career Exploring and Planning (POFT 1310). This is a three-credit class geared at helping you find your dream career.
- Go to class. Sounds simple, but many students are busy working and raising families in addition to going to school. We know you have a lot to juggle; however, attending class and staying engaged are vital to your success.
- Seek out academic support. Don't just show up to class – get to know your professors! They are there to help, so pay them a visit during office hours. The college also has Learning Labs with free tutoring, computer centers, and libraries on each campus.
- Get involved. Research shows students who are involved on campus are more successful. ACC has dozens of student clubs, intramural sports activities, and volunteer opportunities. Student Life is the best place to begin, and there's an office on every campus.
- Graduate! Whether you're looking to directly enter the workforce or transfer to a university, the completion of an associate degree or certificate is a predictor of future success.
We're glad you're part of the Riverbat family and look forward to celebrating your accomplishments.
Richard M. Rhodes, Ph.D.