Race, Color, or National Origin Discrimination or Harassment
1. Students who believe they have been the object of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, or national origin have the right to make the complaint with the compliance officer identified below. The complaint should include dates, times, places, witnesses, and specifics of what was said and done.
2. The compliance officer shall coordinate with the appropriate instructional or student services dean, and together they shall appoint an investigator.
3. All complaints will be promptly investigated. Based upon an initial assessment of the allegations by the
7. After meeting with the person(s) against whom the complaint was filed, if any, gathering any additional information or witness statements, and concluding the investigation, the investigator will make a recommendation, in writing, to the compliance officer and the appropriate dean.
8. The dean and compliance officer may continue the investigation, or conduct additional investigative activities as may be reasonably needed.
9. The dean, in consultation with the compliance officer will determine the final action to be taken on the complaint and notify the both the complainant and the respondent. The compliance officer will also
|68||Notice of Student Rights and ACC Complaint Process Students who believe they have been the object of has observed or been the object of discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, or national origin has the right to file a complaint with the compliance officer. Students may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.|
|25||Component Area Option (Code 090) Additions:
|418||Elgin . . . . . . . . . . . Rm 1376 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 512-223-9434
Hays . . . . . . . . . . . Rm 1305 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 512-223-1592