Leadership Behavior Self-Assessment
Instructions: Each of the statements below describes aspects of leadership. Write in the number from the following rating scale that best describes how often you would engage in these behaviors if you were part of a problem-solving group.
1 2 3 4 5
Never Seldom Occasionally Frequently Always
When I am a member of a problem-solving group…
1. I ____ offer facts, give my opinions and ideas, and provide suggestions and relevant information to help the group discussion.
2. I ____ warmly encourage all members of the group to participate, giving them recognition for their contributions, demonstrating receptivity and openness to their ideas, and being generally friendly and responsive.
3. I ____ ask for facts, information, opinions, ideas, and feelings from the group members to help the group discussion.
4. I ____ try to persuade members to analyze constructively their differences in opinions and ideas, searching for common elements in conflicting or opposing ideas or proposals, and trying to reconcile disagreements.
5. I ____ propose goals and tasks in order to start action within the group.
6. I ____ try to relieve group tension and increase the enjoyment of group members by joking, suggesting breaks, and proposing fun approaches to group work.
7. I ____ give direction to the group by developing plans on how to proceed with group work and by focusing members’ attention on the tasks to be done.
8. I ____ help communication among group members by showing good communication skills and by making sure that what each member says is understood by all.
9. I ____ pull together related ideas or suggestions made by group members and restate and summarize the major points discussed by the group.
10. I ____ ask members how they are feeling about the way in which the group is working and about each other, as well as share my own feelings about group work and the way the members interact.
11. I ____ coordinate group work by showing relationships among various ideas or suggestions, by pulling ideas and suggestions together, and by drawing together activities of various subgroups and members.
12. I ____ observe the process by which the group is working and use my observations to help in examining the effectiveness of the group.
13. I ____ determine why the group has difficulty in working effectively and what blocks progress in accomplishing the group’s goals.
14. I ____ express group standards, norms,
and goals in order to make members constantly aware of the direction in which
the work is going – the progress being made toward the group goal – and in
order to ge
15. I ____ energize the group by stimulating group members to produce a higher quality of work.
16. I ____ listen to and serve as an interested audience for other group members, weighing the ideas of others and going along with the movement of the group when I do not disagree with its action.
17. I ____ examine the practicality and workability of the ideas, evaluate the quality of alternative solutions to group problems, and apply decisions and suggestions to real situations in order to see how they will work.
18. I ____ accept and support the openness of other group members, reinforcing them for taking risks and encouraging individuality in group members.
19. I ____ compare group decisions and accomplishments with group standards, measuring accomplishments against goals.
20. I ____ promote the open discussion of conflicts between group members in order to resolve disagreements and increase group cohesiveness.
Scoring the Leadership Behavior Self-Assessment
1. Enter the scores for each of the items listed in the two columns below.
2. Add the scores for each columns to receive a Task and People Score
3. The higher your score, the more competent you are at Task and People leadership.
1. information & opinion-giver
3. information & opinion-seeker
2. participation encourager
4. harmonizer & compromiser
6. tension reliever
8. communication helper
10. emotional climate evaluator
12. process observer
14. standard setter
16. active listener
18. trust builder
20. interpersonal problem-solver