COSC 1320 - C++ Programming
Orientation for Open Campus Sections
Orientation is required for all Open Campus classes at ACC. If you have not completed the orientation or contacted me by the end of the second week of the semester, you will be dropped from the class. This course involves a substantial amount of work and the sooner you get started the better.
First, read and be sure you understand and agree with the statements in the Orientation Agreement below. If there is anything you are unsure of, you should contact the instructor.
- I have read the description of who should enroll.
- Through classroom or work experience, I have gained a good understanding of some structured programming language (for example, Pascal, Cobol, C, Basic or Fortran). I have written introductory level programs involving the concepts of interactive input/output, branches, loops, subprograms with value and reference parameters, file input/output, arrays, and records.
- I understand most if not all of the concepts listed in the course prerequisites.
- I understand that taking a course through open campus is generally more time consuming and more difficult than taking a lecture class, and that students in lecture classes are generally more likely to succeed in the course.
- I have read the course syllabus (COSC 1320) and understand the requirements for the course.
- I understand that the instructor will not automatically drop me from the class roll if I do not make progress in the course.
- Be sure to sign up for the class listserve. This is used for class communications.
To complete the orientation, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The Subject line of your email message should start with your last name followed by your first name followed by "orientation completed".
- Copy the 6 statements in the Orientation Agreement above and paste them into the body of your email message.
- In the body of your message, please include the campus where you expect to take your exams (CYP, EVC, FBG, NRG, PIN, RGC, RRHEC, RVS, SMC). You may take your exam at any campus Testing Center or other approved testing center - this is just to give me an idea of how many tests to send to each campus.
- The Open Campus administration requests that you include the following information:
- The following information is optional:
Reason for taking this course (indicate 1-5 where 1 = most important, 3 = important, 5 = not important)
___ personal interest
___ required by degree program (please indicate degree: ______________)
___ work related
___ recommended (please indicate by whom: ____________)
___ other (please describe in comments below)
Hours working per week:
Number of credit hours taking this semester
Number of CIS/CSC courses taken at ACC:
Highest degree earned:
You have completed the orientation. I look forward to working with you this semester.
Return to C++ Home Page
Copyright: © 2011 by the Austin Community College
Department of Computer Science. All rights reserved.
Comments to: Bob Comer
Last updated: January 18, 2011