The Center participates with faculty, staff, and students at ACC, and with the communities and institutions served by the College. These partnerships involve:
- Inviting community members, decision makers & opinion leaders (i.e. social service agencies, elected/appointed officials, state/city managers and administrators) to teach, mentor, lecture, or participate in Center events/programs.
- Collaborating with community members or agencies (i.e. business executives, social services) in offering educational programs.
- Having community members advise Center director as members of an Advisory Council.
- Inviting faculty to work with the Center on one-time project/programs or on an on-going basis.
- Possible sponsorship of faculty research and projects.
- Requesting that faculty teach classes and offer lectures sponsored by the Center.
- Having faculty advise Center director as members of an Advisory Council.
- Encouraging faculty to participate in program planning and implementation as members of the Center’s interdisciplinary Faculty Committee.
- Encouraging faculty to support center’s events/projects by informing students of opportunities offered by the Center.
- Inviting participation from all students.
- Working with Student Life and ACC’s Student Government Association to encourage student participation in Center programs and activities.
- Collaborating with ACC’s student-run voter registration group and CSPS (the Center for Student Political Studies at ACC)
Partnerships with Schools and other Community-Based Organizations
Seeking collaborations with other non-profit, government, and educational agencies to provide educational programs, and research and internship opportunities for students.
Former senator Gonzalo Barrientos, emcee of Diez y Seis Celebrations
Walter Prentice, David Rabban, Jim Coronado, Jon Wisser, Constitutional experts for Contstitution Celebrations
ACC Professor Hunt, Dean Lynn-Scott, and Professor Millstone are amazed at the wisdom of the Constitution's policies.
It is never too early to learn about your rights!