The Culinary Arts Department is frequently approached by local business that are interested in hiring our students. Please use this job board to puruse opportunities in food service that are available within our community.
The Business Studies Department also has a job board specifically for the Culinary Arts industry.
Business Studies Culinary Arts Job Board
September 19, 2014
SEEKING PART-TIME PREP CHEF/COUNTER HELPER
Growing neighborhood market featuring local and organic/non-GMO products and on-site prepared foods in the Cedar Park/Leander area is seeking a part-time prep chef and counter helper Monday – Friday from 5 am to 10 am. This schedule could change to include Saturday mornings instead of one weekday morning. Additional other shifts (likely Wednesday evening or Thursday morning) occasionally required to fulfill customer pre-orders.
- Must have a current Williamson County food handler’s card.
- Must pass a criminal background check and be subject to FBI fingerprinting.
- Must have restaurant/coffee shop experience.
- Must have experience using a point of sale system.
- Must be able to follow simple recipes and produce consistent food quality.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Must have stellar attendance and strive to exceed expectations.
- Must be on-time, efficient, neatly presented and well-spoken.
- Must value whole, organic and local foods.
- Prefer applicants residing within 5 to 15 minutes of the Cedar Park/Leander area.
Salary: $10 - $12 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications
If interested in growing with our company, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Septemter 15, 2014
Hardin House Dormitory is looking to hire some part time kitchen help/prep. There is one weekend position in prep and one position in utility/dishwashing.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
8am-close, 8am-close, 9am-5:30pm and 8am-4:30pm = about 29 hours a week
Saturday and Sunday
8am-close and 10am-6pm
Both positions starts at $10hr
Internships for culinary students are available
Email resume and coverletter to Ryan Dunn at email@example.com