Our dance program is designed to be suitable for both students pursuant of two–year Associate’s degree and students wishing to transfer into a four–year Baccalaureate degree granting institution. If you are planning to transfer, it is never too early to begin charting the courses you should undertake with transferability in mind.
Transferability refers to the articulation agreement between institutions of higher learning that the college credit your received at one school will be accepted as the equivalent college credit at another school.
You may consider meeting with a counselor or academic advisor to discuss whether or not it would be beneficial for you to complete an associate degree before transferring. Statistically, students with 60 or more transfer credits from ACC have a higher GPA at their transfer institution than those who transfer with fewer hours.
More information on transferability:
- Not quite sure what you want to major in? Not sure what careers go with your major? Visit Career Services for practical insight and guidance.
- You are not in this alone — ACC advisors and counselors are here to help you achieve your educational goals.
- Follow these 5 easy steps for a smooth transfer.
- How do you calculate your GPA? Where can you find course equivalency guides? Find these answers and more at Transfer and Articulation Resources
- Attend the Transfer Academy! The Transfer Academy is a series of informal meetings that will offer you constructive info and guidance to transferring from your early planning through your application process.
- Need more info? Visit the comprehensive Transfer Services for Students website.