Take these steps to obtain your degree or certificate
Are you ready to graduate? We'll take you through the process, from applying for graduation to receiving your diploma.
Observe the deadlines
Applications received after the deadline are processed for the following semester.
|If you plan to graduate in...||Your graduation application is due by...|
Meet degree & college requirements
To be eligible for graduation with your associate degree or certificate, you must:
- Fulfill all degree plan coursework and credit requirements as outlined in your catalog in effect.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to confirm your eligibility.
- Earn a grade point average of at least 2.00.
- Complete at least 25 percent of the required credit at ACC.
- Be TSI-complete or provide certification of your state-approved assessment.
- Submit official transcripts from other colleges attended (unless you already did so).
- Resolve all financial obligations to the college and return all borrowed materials.
- Have a 2.0 GPA on transfer coursework used toward meeting graduation requirements.
Apply for graduation
The Graduation Office will audit your record and alert you to the findings. You will receive a letter in the mail that indicates one of the following statuses. Allow six weeks for processing following your application submission or the start of the semester.
|Graduation Application/Official Degree Audit Statuses|
|All Requirements Met||You have completed all requirements necessary to graduate|
|Pending Requirements||Upon successful completion of your current enrollment, you will complete all requirements necessary to graduate.|
|Not all requirements have been met||You must complete additional courses in order to graduate.|
ACC holds commencement ceremonies in May and December. There is no fee for graduation, but students must purchase a cap and gown for the ceremony. The ACC Bookstore sells graduation caps, gowns, and invitations. See the commencement webpage for important details.
Receive your diploma or certificate
Following commencement, the Graduation Office will mail your ACC diploma to the address listed on your graduation application. IMPORTANT: Confirm your mailing address with the Graduation Office.
If you prefer to pick up your diploma, send an email to the Graduation Office with "Pick Up Diploma" as the subject line. Include your name, ID number, phone number, and email address. You will receive notice with instructions on pickup when your diploma is ready for pickup.
Allow eight weeks for processing official degrees and certificates.