Contact for Transfer Students
Yes, with all degrees which include a 10% reduced tuition and books included in undergraduate tuition costs.
Arts and Sciences, Business and Management, Criminal Justice, Health Sciences, Information and Technology, Legal Studies, & Nursing.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
- To be eligible for application to an advanced start bachelor's program at KU the student enrolling must submit proof of having been awarded an associate's degree from Austin Community College District
- Students having completed an associate's degree program consisting of a minimum of 90 quarter credits (or the equivalent of 60 semester credits) will be eligible for a block transfer of up to 90-quarter credits and acceptance into KU's "advanced start" baccalaureate option.
- Austin Community College District students must fulfill KU requirements, which entail completion of no less than 25-percent of their program requirements at KU, including a minimum of 50 percent of the major requirements, including the capstone course, at KU. Credit earned through any combination of Transfer Credit, Challenge Credit or Experiential Credit will not exceed 75-percent of total credits required for graduation.
Transfer Credit Information
114 quarter credit hours is the maximum hurs transferable from the community college to Kaplan University, but we also take Credit by Examination, Challenge Exams, External Exams, Reviewed Professional Learning, Military Training and Experiential Learning which would also be avenues of earning credit above and beyond the 114 creating a quicker path to earning the 4 year degree at Kaplan.
D grades do not transfer in Kaplan University unless they are transferred in with the 2 year degree.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(Full-time includes summer courses or 5 terms per year which would result in finishing the Bachelor's degree in less than 2 years and reducing cost overall). We also offer a 10% tuition reduction to ACC students:
Tuition & Fees 1st year
Room & Board (on campus)
Books & Supplies
Active Military, Reserves and Guard 1st year tuition is $8,250. Military Veterans 1st year tuition is $11,500.
We are entirely online.
Prior to enrolling at the University, applicants are encouraged to explore all options available to them for financing their education, including employer or military tuition assistance or reimbursement, veterans benefits, and financial aid funding through state and federal agencies. Financial aid information and application assistance is provided by the University Financial Aid Office to help students and their families understand their options before entering into a contractual agreement. The University is approved for the following loans and grants:
Federal Grants (undergraduate only)
- Federal Pell Grant Program
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunities Grant Program
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- National SMART Grant (specifically identified degree programs only)
Loans (available to all students, subject to eligibility requirements)
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal PLUS Loan
- Alternative Loans
Work Study (undergraduate Only)
- Federal Work Study Program
- State Work Study Program
Other Agencies or Programs (undergraduate and graduate)
- Promise Jobs
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- Workforce Development Center
- Workforce Investment Act
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Kaplan University awards scholarships, awards, and discounts for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, merit, military service, need, and to assist students in the acceleration of their academic program. Scholarships and awards have specific requirements that must be met. Not all scholarships and awards are available on a continuous basis or at all locations and all are subject to changes in criteria and funding. Interested students should contact their Admissions Advisor for additional information on scholarships www.cc.kaplan.edu. Kaplan University is pleased to offer four different scholarships for qualified students - the Kaplan University Success Scholarship, the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, the Criminal Justice Scholarship, and the Accelerated Scholars Award.
Special Programs Unique to Your School
- Textbooks included in tuition costs
- Experiential Learning credit available
- Military reduced tuition rate of up to 55% off
- BS in Human Services/Child and Family Welfare
- BS in Psychology/Child Development
- BS in Psychology/Substance Abuse
- BS in Criminal Justice (7 emphasis areas)
- BS in Fire Science and Emergency Management
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Nutrition Science
- BS in Information Technology (8 emphasis areas)
- BS in Paralegal Studies
- BS in Environmental Policy and Management
- RN to MS in Nursing
Kaplan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). The HLC website is located at www.ncahlc.org. If you have questions about our accreditation, call 877-836-5813.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.