4800 Calhoun Road
Houston, TX 77204-2161
Contact for Transfer Students:
No, however transfer course equivalency by major
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:
- Neither ACT nor SAT required if 15 hours of college level credit is earned.
- General Deadlines: Fall-June 1; Spring-November 1
- Transfer Frequently Asked Questions
Transfer Credit Information:
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, call (713) 743-1010
- Maximum number of hours accepted - 66
- Military experience accepted
- Experience-based education not accepted
- Some department proficiency exams given
- All courses attempted are considered for admission not including remedial
- ACC GPA is kept separate for graduation purposes.
- D grades are not accepted in general education or major courses
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring):
See the website.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Main number: (713) 743-1010
- Scholarship deadline for students entering in the fall semester – April 1
- Transfer scholarships
Special Programs Unique to This School:
- Hotel/Restaurant Management
The University of Houston is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.