Effective Learning: Keys to College Success (EDUC 1300)
Effective Learning: Keys to College Success (EDUC 1300) is a three-credit hour transferable core course that provides the “college knowledge” you need to succeed.
EDUC 1300 is ideal for students who are:
- Entering college for the first time
- Returning after an extended absence
- Having difficulties with their studies
- Wanting to get the most out of their efforts
It connects you to a support system of caring faculty and other college students who want to:
- Set and pursue effective personal, academic, and career goals.
- Manage their college course load.
- Master effective study skills.
- Create a realistic college plan.
- Balance life outside the classroom.
This is a required course for all first-time at ACC students with fewer than 12 semester hours of successful college credit. They must take the EDUC 1300 course in their first semester at ACC. All other students with 12 or more semester hours have the option of choosing the EDUC 1300 or a Speech course from the Component Area Option (090) of the Core Curriculum List.
Look for EDUC 1300 times and locations in the course schedule under Student Development.