International Programs issues the International Student Identity Card (ISIC) to eligible high school and college students traveling abroad. IMPORTANT: An ISIC is mandatory if you participate in any ACC study abroad program. For non-ACC students, processing of an ISIC card will take 5 to 7 business days.
The ISIC is the most widely accepted form of student ID card. It offers many benefits:
- Accepted as proof of student status in more than 92 countries.
- Basic illness and accident insurance coverage while traveling outside the U.S.
- Toll-free hotline for medical, financial, and legal emergencies.
- Discounts to more than 33,000 locations in 103 countries.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for an ISIC, you must be:
- 12 years old or older.
- Enrolled full time at an accredited high school or college.
- Currently attending and working toward a diploma or degree (Continuing Education and language school students not eligible).
Cost is $25. The card is valid for one year.
Book an appointment
You can complete the application and obtain the required photo in one ISIC session.
Call (512) 223.7114 or click the online calendar to schedule an appointment (login required).
What you need
Bring the following items to your appointment:
- Proof of payment.
- Photocopy of your school ID, with valid date; or a photocopy of your transcript, report card or tuition receipt for the current semester or school year.