Boyd Vance Scholarship for Dance and Drama
The Boyd Vance Scholarship is named in honor of the founder and director of ProArts Collective. One of Austin’s most acclaimed musical theater performers, Boyd Vance was also highly regarded for nurturing young performers and promoting African–American arts in Central Texas. ACC and ProArts Collective are pleased to offer this scholarship to continue Mr. Vance’s mission of developing the talents of young African–American performers.
- Dance or Drama major.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED or 3.0 GPA for all college coursework.
- Audition and interview with at least one member of the Dance and Drama Department faculty.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic merit and artistic promise.
- Recipient chosen by Dance and Drama Department faculty.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship award will be $1000 over two semesters.
- Scholarship applies to tuition, fees, and books.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of nine hours each semester with a 3.0 GPA while on scholarship.
- Drama majors must enroll in a minimum of 3-6 hours in drama coursework.
- Dance majors must enroll in 3-6 hours in dance coursework.
- Recipients must sign an agreement stating specific involvement with the Dance and Drama Department for at least one semester. This involvement may be through performance, in technical production, or in management and admin