In keeping with the requirements of the US Department of Educationís Drug Free Schools and Communities Act (1988), Austin Community College presents the following information to all of its students:
- The ACC standards of conduct regarding the possession, use, and distribution of alcohol and drugs.
- The ACC disciplinary sanctions for students in violation of the standards of conduct.
- A description of the legal sanctions under local, state, and/or federal law.
- A description of the health risks associated with drug and alcohol abuse.
- A description of the drug and alcohol counseling and treatment resources available to ACC students.
ACC's Student Standards of Conduct
ACC policy and state law prohibit the possession of illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia on college premises. The collegeís Student Standards of Conduct and Disciplinary Process (Administrative Rule 1.04.006) also prohibits the possession, sale, or use of alcoholic beverages on ACC premises. Violations include:
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drug or controlled substance on college premises or at college-sponsored events.
- The possession, use, consumption, sale, or distribution of alcohol and illegal controlled substances on college premises or at college-sponsored events, other than as specifically approved by the president.