Be a Smartie!
- Attend an "ECS for Smarties" training to get the most up-to-date information
- Ensure that you understand and are able to explain the ECS process to others
- Work closely with your ECS Specialist
Spread the Word!
- Host a Parent/Student information session
- Mail out postcards and flyers in advance
- Use your campus media to send out emails and announcements
- Post information in the community
Keep it short!
- Make sure that your information sessions are no longer than 30 minutes (20 for information and 10 for Q&A)
- Set aside time for one-on-one questions and application assistance
Use your Resources!
- Use your sign-in sheet from the Info Session to identify who you need to start working with
- Print PSAT and/or Plan scores for the students on the list
- Filter out the students who are exempt based on their qualifying test scores
- Now that your TSI Assessment test list is down to a smaller size, contact your ECS Specialist to start the scheduling process for a test on your high school campus
Keep it all Together
- You worked hard to get students to complete the Application, Pre-Assessment Activity (if necessary), and you have printed qualifying test scores, so start a folder for students to keep all their information organized and in one place