As part of the improvements to the laboratory safety program, all BSL-1 and BSL-2 laboratories are required to be inspected, and lab staff needs to develop a lab safety manual and participate in lab safety training.
BSL1 and BSL2 Labs
- Prepare your lab for BSL-1 or BSL-2 inspection by referencing
Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) guidelines (See Section IV for Best Practices).
- Contact EHS (see below) to schedule an inspection of your lab. Refer to either the BSL-1 (Excel document) or BSL-2 (Excel document) inspection checklists.
- Complete Biological Risk Assessment Worksheet http://www.cdc.gov/biosafety/publications/BiologicalRiskAssessmentWorksheet.pdf
- Prepare your lab-specific written protocols by using the format provided by EHS.
- Lab staff is required to take Biosafety training. Contact EHS and I to schedule required training.