How to Apply with ACC
- Browse and search for available positions. Make notes of the position's title, job number, and any specialty requirements.
- Register with ACCeHire.
- Confirm your registration via email. If necessary, be sure to allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If not redirected, Login to ACCeHire here.
- Apply for available positions within ACCeHire.
Tips for Applying within ACCeHire
- Our employment application system is called ACCehire. All applicants must complete an application whether it is online or on paper to be considered for a position with ACC.
- New positions are posted every Friday after 2 p.m.
- If you are applying for multiple positions, please complete an application for each one.
- When completing the online application, you will be asked to provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, etc.; as well as, information about your education, relevant previous employment experience, and references. Complete all requested areas, do not enter “see resume”. Include contact numbers and references. Towards the end of the online application, you will have the opportunity to attach a resume and cover letter.
- Cover letters can be addressed to the Hiring Committee – Please reference the title of the position and job number on the letter.
- If you do not have time to complete the entire online application in one session you can save a partially completed application. The automated system will save the most recent changes made to an application.
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Use an appropriate and functional email address.
- Apply by the closing date.
- Make sure that you submit your application. After you have submitted your application you will receive an email from ACC confirming that you sent an application. Applicants may refer to the "Previously Applied" feature on the left hand side menu to review all of the application that has been submitted.
- If you are applying for Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions, instruct your educational institution(s) to mail your transcripts of the degree that qualifies you for the position directly to:
Austin Community College District - Highland Business Center
Attn: E.M. Breedlove, Employment Manager
5930 Middle Fiskville RoadAustin, TX 78752
- Photocopies of transcripts and transcripts stamped “Issued to Student” are not accepted. Application materials will be reviewed for employment consideration by the search committee after the application and transcripts are received in the Office of Employment and Outreach Services.
- It takes the average applicant approximately 20 – 25 minutes to complete ACC’s online application; however, it may only take a minimum of 6 – 8 minutes to edit a pre-existing application depending upon the number of modifications a person wants to make.
- ACC’s electronic applications are considered active for up to one year from the time a person initially submits an online application. Applicants may contact the Office of Employment and Outreach Services at (512) 223-7534/7573 to reactivate an expired online application.
- After the closing day, applications are forwarded to the hiring committee to be screened. They in turn, choose and invite the candidates for an interview. Applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.