The ESOL Assessment Test is required of all students before registration in order to be placed into the appropriate level. For sample questions, click here.
Apply to ACC.
- Academic (Credit) students apply online at www.austincc.edu/apply.
- Continuing Education students apply in person at Highland Business Center.
Buy a ticket ($29.00) at the Cashier Office at any ACC location.
Make an appointment for the assessment test.
- Must have a photo ID (U.S. or Foreign) AND
- ACC Student Number or Social Security Number
- No ACC Student Number or Social Security Number? Go to Highland Business Center Continuing Education Office (4th floor) to obtain a temporary ID.
- This temporary ID will allow you to take the ESOL assessment test and ESOL classes.
Take the ESOL assessment test.
- A photo ID (U.S. or Foreign) AND
- Test ticket bought at the Cashier Office ($29)
ESOL Assessment test suggestions:
- Come 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
- Some parts of the exam do not have a time limit, so the exam may take 3 to 4 hours to finish.
- To complete the exam, you must meet with an ESOL instructor. Please allow extra time because it may be necessary to wait for your turn.
You must bring:
Highland Campus (HLC) Room 2221
6101 Airport Blvd
Austin, Texas 78752
(512) 223-7400 ESOL Assessment Center
South Austin Campus (SAC) Room 1112
1820 W. Stassney Lane
Austin, Texas 78745
(512) 223-9162 ESOL Assessment Center
Rio Grande Campus (RGC) Room 153
1212 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 223-3139 ESOL Assessment Center
Northridge Campus (NRG) Room 1109
11928 Stonehollow Dr.
Austin, TX 78758
(512) 223-4807 ESOL Assessment Center
Eastview Campus (EVC) Room 2135
3401 Webberville Rd.
Austin, TX 78702
(512) 223-5146 ESOL Assessment Center
Cypress Creek Campus (CYP) Room 2116
1555 Cypress Creek Rd.
Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 223-2020 ESOL Assessment Center
Riverside Campus (RVS) Room 8116
1020 Grove Blvd.
Austin, TX 78741
(512) 223-6015 ESOL Assessment Center
Round Rock Campus (RRC) Room 2205
4400 College Park Drive
Round Rock, TX 78665
(512) 223-0145 ESOL Assessment Center
1. You will write a pen/paper essay or paragraph for a writing sample. (45 minutes)
No time limit
3. Oral Interview:
a. Meet with an ESOL faculty member
b. Get assessment test results
c. Receive help with course selection
- Have Questions? Call Sue Thomas at 512-223-7453 if you have questions about your ESOL assessment test.
- Remember, this is not a pass/fail test. The ESOL assessment test is used to place you in the correct class for your English ability.