1. Researches the current literature and available data to recommend appropriate faculty development and faculty evaluation procedures.
2. Seeks data from all areas of the College regarding the effectiveness of faculty development procedures and activities, including evaluation of faculty development activities and disseminating the results.
3. Reviews, develops and recommends revisions to college-wide administrative rules and procedures for faculty development and faculty evaluation.
4. Develops and recommends guidelines and good practices for the design and delivery of faculty development, and the appropriate and effective forms, instruments, and processes for faculty evaluation.
5. Recommends professional faculty activities and needed resources based on input from internal and external stakeholders.
6. Recommends procedures for linking faculty development activities with needs identified in the faculty evaluation process.
7. Develops and recommends a comprehensive, valid, and reliable, faculty evaluation process for ACC that complies with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements, Austin Community College District’s (ACC's) Board Policies and Administrative Rules, and reflects good practices.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
FY17 Meetings: Third Fridays (every other month); 1:30-3:00pm in HBC 201.0: September 16, November 18, February 17, and April 21.
Meeting agendas and minutes: Will be posted here.
If you have any questions about this committee, please contact Courtney Grams, 512-223-7522.
Chair: Missi Patterson, Professor of Psychology and Assistant Dean, Faculty Development, 512-223-7043.
|Position||Name||Appointed by||Campus||Phone||Email ID|
|Director, Instructional Development Services||Susan Thomason||Position||HBC||3-7796||sthomaso|
|Supervisor, Faculty Evaluation||Raja Faris||Position||HBC||3-7745||rfaris|
|Manager, Faculty Development||Christina Michura||Position||HBC||3-7564||cmichura|
|Representatives of Job Functions or College Offices (2 year terms)|
|Articulation/Transfer||Mary Jane McReynolds||VP, Instruction||HBC||3-7677||mmcreyno|
|Academic Dean||Lyman Grant||VP, Instruction||EVC||3-5015||lgrant|
|Workforce Dean||Linda Smarzik||VP, Instruction||SAC||3-9214||lsmarzik|
|Department Chair||Shannon Bailey||VP, Instruction||HLC||3-7452||sbailey|
|Department Chair||Sandra McCrary-Marschall||VP, Instruction||EVC||3-5768||marshall|
|Representatives of ACC Constituencies (1 year term)|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Mark Butland||Association Pres.||HLD||3-7434||butland|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Sally Samford||Association Pres.||RRC||3-0343||sallys|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Leatrice (Marlene) Meador||Association Pres.||EVC||3-5769||mmeador|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Renee Kuhles||Association Pres.||SAC||3-9185||marie.kuhles|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Sarah Porter||Association Pres.||NRG||3-4868||sporter2|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Robert Fyrst||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||rfyrst|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Nancy Bellows||Association Pres.||RVS||3-6299||nbellow2|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Ping Chu||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||pchu|
|Association of Professional Technical Employees||José Resendez||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||jose.resendez|
|Classified Employee Association||Sue Bloodsworth||Association Pres.||RGC||3-3233||sbloodsw|
|Student Government Association||Toby McKaskle||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A|