1. Researches the current literature and available data to recommend appropriate faculty development and faculty evaluation procedures.
2. Seeks data from all areas of the College regarding the effectiveness of faculty development procedures and activities, including evaluation of faculty development activities and disseminating the results.
3. Reviews, develops and recommends revisions to college-wide administrative rules and procedures for faculty development and faculty evaluation.
4. Develops and recommends guidelines and good practices for the design and delivery of faculty development, and the appropriate and effective forms, instruments, and processes for faculty evaluation.
5. Recommends professional faculty activities and needed resources based on input from internal and external stakeholders.
6. Recommends procedures for linking faculty development activities with needs identified in the faculty evaluation process.
7. Develops and recommends a comprehensive, valid, and reliable, faculty evaluation process for ACC that complies with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements, Austin Community College District’s (ACC's) Board Policies and Administrative Rules, and reflects good practices.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
FY18 Meetings: Third Fridays (every other month); 1:30-3:00pm in HLC 2212: September 22, November 17, and February 16.
Meeting agendas and minutes: Will be posted here.
If you have any questions about this committee, please contact Neelam Noorani at 512-223-7786 or email@example.com.
Chair: Susan Thomason, Associate Vice President Teaching & Learning Excellence Division 512-223-7796.
|Position||Name||Appointed by||Campus||Phone||Email ID|
|Interim Director, Instructional Development Services||Teresa Moore||Position||HBCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Supervisor, Faculty Evaluation||Raja Faris||Position||HBCemail@example.com|
|Manager, Faculty Development||Christina Michura||Position||HBCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Representatives of Job Functions or College Offices (2 year terms)|
|Articulation||Mary Jane McReynolds||VP, Instruction||HBCemail@example.com|
|Academic Dean||Matthew Daude-Laurents||VP, Instruction||CYPfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Workforce Dean||Linda Smarzik||VP, Instruction||SACemail@example.com|
|Department Chair||Shannon Bailey||VP, Instruction||HLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department Chair||Sandra McCrary-Marshall||VP, Instruction||EVCemail@example.com|
|Representatives of ACC Constituencies (1 year term)|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Kristina Flores||Association Pres.||EVCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Shannon Bailey||Association Pres.||HLCemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Nina Jackson||Association Pres.||RRCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Larry Stephens||Association Pres.||HLCemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Regina Bohmfalk||Association Pres.||ELGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Robert Fyrst||Association Pres.||N/A||N/Aemail@example.com|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Herb Coleman||Association Pres.||NRG||223-1790
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Ping Chu||Association Pres.||N/A||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Association of Professional Technical Employees||Shih-Ting Lee||Association Pres.||RRCemail@example.com|
|Classified Employee Association||Sue Bloodsworth||Association Pres.||RGCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Government Association||Jonathan Spinks||Association Pres.||N/A||N/Aemail@example.com|