Functions: (Tentative – will be edited and adjusted by committee)
1. Reviews, develops and recommends college-wide administrative rules and procedures for faculty development and faculty evaluation.
2. Develops and recommends guidelines of good practices for the design and delivery of faculty development activities and the appropriate and effective forms, instruments, and processes for faculty evaluation.
3. Researches the current literature for appropriate faculty evaluation procedures as well as faculty development activities and events.
4. Recommends professional faculty activities and needed resources based on input from faculty and staff.
5. Recommends procedures for linking faculty development activities with needs identified in the faculty and staff evaluation process.
6. Seeks input from all areas of the College regarding the effectiveness of faculty development procedures and activities, including evaluation of faculty development activities and disseminating the results.
7. Assists in planning and promoting Faculty Development Days each year.
8. Develops and recommends a comprehensive faculty evaluation system for ACC that complies with SACS requirements and ACC's Board Policies and Administrative Rules.
9. Reviews the evaluation responsibility of all faculty employees.
10. Reviews the evaluation system timelines and methods for ensuring that the process stays on track.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
FY17 Meetings: Third Fridays (every other month); 1:30-3:00pm in HBC 201.0: September 16, November 18, February 17, and April 21.
Meeting agendas and minutes: Will be posted here.
If you have any questions about this committee, please contact Courtney Grams, 512-223-7522.
Chair: Missi Patterson, Professor of Psychology and Assistant Dean, Faculty Development, 512-223-7043.
|Position||Name||Appointed by||Campus||Phone||Email ID|
|Director, Instructional Development Services||Susan Thomason||Position||HBC||3-7796||sthomaso|
|Supervisor, Faculty Evaluation||Raja Faris||Position||HBC||3-7745||rfaris|
|Manager, Faculty Development||Christina Michura||Position||HBC||3-7564||cmichura|
|Representatives of Job Fuctions or College Offices (2 year terms)|
|Articulation/Transfer||Mary Jane McReynolds||VP, Instruction||HBC||3-7677||mmcreyno|
|Academic Dean||Lyman Grant||VP, Instruction||EVC||3-5015||lgrant|
|Workforce Dean||Linda Smarzik||VP, Instruction||SAC||3-9214||lsmarzik|
|Department Chair||Shannon Bailey||VP, Instruction||HLC||3-7452||sbailey|
|Department Chair||Sandra McCrary-Marschall||VP, Instruction||EVC||3-5768||marshall|
|Representatives of ACC Constituencies (1 year term)|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Lisa McCartney||Association Pres.||EVC||3-5949||lmccartn|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Sally Samford||Association Pres.||RRC||3-0343||sallys|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Leatrice (Marlene) Meador||Association Pres.||EVC||3-5769||mmeador|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Pamela (Pam) Spooner||Association Pres.||PIN||3-8114||pspooner|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Sarah Porter||Association Pres.||NRG||3-4868||sporter2|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Robert Fyrst||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||rfyrst|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Nancy Bellows||Association Pres.||RVS||3-6299||nbellow2|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Ping Chu||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||pchu|
|Association of Professional Technical Employees||José Resendez||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||jose.resendez|
|Classified Employee Association||Sue Bloodsworth||Association Pres.||RGC||3-3233||sbloodsw|
|Student Government Association||Toby McKaskle||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A|