1. Researches the current literature and available data to recommend appropriate faculty development and faculty evaluation procedures.
2. Seeks data from all areas of the College regarding the effectiveness of faculty development procedures and activities, including evaluation of faculty development activities and disseminating the results.
3. Reviews, develops and recommends revisions to college-wide administrative rules and procedures for faculty development and faculty evaluation.
4. Develops and recommends guidelines and good practices for the design and delivery of faculty development, and the appropriate and effective forms, instruments, and processes for faculty evaluation.
5. Recommends professional faculty activities and needed resources based on input from internal and external stakeholders.
6. Recommends procedures for linking faculty development activities with needs identified in the faculty evaluation process.
7. Develops and recommends a comprehensive, valid, and reliable, faculty evaluation process for ACC that complies with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements, Austin Community College District’s (ACC's) Board Policies and Administrative Rules, and reflects good practices.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
FY19 Meetings: Fridays; 1:30-3:00pm in HBC 301.2: September 21, November 16, and February 15.
Meeting agendas and minutes: Will be posted here.
If you have any questions about this committee, please contact Karen Prill at email@example.com or 512-223-7636.
Chair: Chantae Recasner, Dean of Faculty and Instructional Development, 512-223-7011.
|Position||Name||Appointed by||Campus||Phone||Email ID|
|Assistant Dean, FCTL||Michelle Fitzpatrick||Position||HBCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Supervisor, Faculty Evaluation||Raja Faris||Position||HBCemail@example.com|
|Manager, Faculty Development||Christina Michura||Position||HBCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Representatives of Job Functions or College Offices (2 year terms)|
|Articulation||Mary Jane McReynolds||VP, Instruction||HBCemail@example.com|
|Academic Dean||Sam Echevarria-Cruz||VP, Instruction||RGCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Workforce Dean||Thomas Nevill||VP, Instruction||HLCemail@example.com|
|Department Chair||Shannon Bailey||VP, Instruction||HLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department Chair||Sandra McCrary-Marshall||VP, Instruction||EVCemail@example.com|
|Representatives of ACC Constituencies (1 year term)|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Shannon Bailey||Association Pres.||HLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||José Milan||Association Pres.||EVCemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Gale Spear||Association Pres.||EVCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Katie Peterson||Association Pres.||EGNemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Carolyn de Cordova||Association Pres.||RRCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Jill Bosche||Association Pres.||DSP||TBAemail@example.com|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Ping Chu||Association Pres.||HLC||TBAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Herb Coleman||Association Pres.||NRG||TBAemail@example.com|
|Association of Professional Technical Employees||Shih-Ting Lee||Association Pres.||RRCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Classified Employee Association||Timothy Fries||Association Pres.||RRCemail@example.com|
|Student Government Association||Emmanuel Cuevas||Association Pres.||N/A||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org|