The Federal College Work-Study Program (FWS) and the Texas Work-Study Program (TXWS) provide ACC with funds to hire eligible students to work while attending ACC.
- ACC offices interested in hiring work-study students must complete and submit the Request for a College Work~Study Student Form by May 27, 2014 for Summer and August 1, 2014 for Fall/Spring.
- The Financial Aid Office will prioritize work-study positions based on guidelines established by the College. Highest priority will be given to positions that support recruitment and retention efforts.
- The goal of the work-study program is to encourage students to work and earn money while attending ACC. Students may decline to accept a work-study position that requires them to leave their home campus.
- To be eligible for a work-study assignment, students must complete the financial aid application process, demonstrate need based on federal guidelines, and enroll for a minimum of six college credits in any term in which they occupy a work-study position. Students must be meeting Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to be eligible for funding consideration.
- Work-study students earn $10.00 to $11.50 per hour. The Financial Aid Office assigns the pay level based on the type of work involved in the work-study position. Funds to pay these students come from the Federal Government or the State of Texas and are matched by ACC. Departments do not need to worry about finding the resourses to pay these students; the Financial Aid Office takes care of that through our allocation of Federal and State funding.
- The number of hours a student may work each semester varies based on their award amount. The maximum that a student may work is 15 hours per week. Students may not work more hours than indicated in their award letters.
- Completing a College Work-Study Employee Requisition does not guarantee that an office will receive a work-study student. ACC has many more work-study positions than students waiting to fill them. However, the Financial Aid Office will do its best to honor all requests.
If you have any questions about the ACC Work-Study Program or the College Work-Study Employee Requisition, contact your Financial Aid Campus office.
The request forms can also be found on the ACC Forms Inventory website under College Work-Study Employee Requisition. You may now submit the form online through email. When you click the submit button on the form, select the email program of your choice to send the form.
- Lab Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Student Ambassador
- America Counts Tutor
- Amercia Reads Tutor
- Classroom Assistant
- OSD Assistant
|Campus||Finanical Aid Contact||Room|
|CYP||Stacy Flood||CYP 2114|
|EGN||Yolanda Gibson||EGN 1155|
|EVC||Vanessa Verstuyft||EVC 2156|
|HBC||Mary Potter||HBC 306|
|HYS||Lionel Salinas||HYS 1107|
|NRG||Frank Guttierrez||NRG 1106|
|PIN||Gail Braswell||PIN 224|
|RGC||Jason Briseno||RGC A154|
|RVS||Latisha Marion||RVS G8140|
|RRC||Marissa Burill||RRC 1109|
|SAC||Juanita Chable||SAC 1103|