- Model Expectations for student and institutional success.
- Participate in periodic student forums to understand the student experience of ACC.
- Support institutional membership and participation in national organizations and research initiatives focused on student success.
- Create and sustain a culture of evidence by using data to guide board decisions.
- Embed discussion of institutional effectiveness measures in the annual Board Work Plan.
- Support strong planning and effectiveness processes.
- Demonstrate partnership with the president/CEO in support of key institutional goals, especially those related to student success.
- Review student outcomes and Master Planning policies to ensure alignment with national research/best practices regarding student success.
- Ensure that Master Plan and operating budgets are aligned around institutional advancement/student success goals.
- Develop strong policy and governance model focused on outcomes.
- Ensure alignment of budget with the Master Plan.
- Develop strong trustee advocacy efforts to promote the value of community colleges and to garner better funding support.
- Ensure that institutional capacity includes focus on facilities, faculty, staffing, technology, and other resources necessary to promote student success.
- Benchmark performance data across state and national peers.