Project Manager: Robert Ryland 223-1036
Architect: BLGY, Inc.
Construction Manager: Bartlett-Cocke
The old Austin High School gymnasium on West Avenue has been transformed. The project was completed in time for Summer 2010 classes. An entire second floor was added to provide more classrooms and faculty offices for ACC’s busiest campus. The renovated building provides more than 38,000 square feet . The exterior appearance of the gymnasium was maintained as faithfully as possible. The adjacent Band Hall has been removed for technical and code demands and was replaced by a new landscaped courtyard. The re-design of the old building proved challenging but resulted in an efficient and modern academic building.