Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Financial Management department is to provide premier courses and degree plans that give students the practical, theoretical, and technical knowledge needed to be successful in the field of Finance. Our curriculum provides students with first-rate professional and workforce programs that result in employment in the public and private sectors.It is based on identified competencies, has a capstone experience, and strives to be socially responsible as well as addressing employer needs. We are committed to:
- Providing students in the finance management degree plans the knowledge and skills necessary to enhance their finance abilities that will enable them to seek employment in finance or banking positions.
- Providing students in the transfer degree plan the knowledge and skills necessary for transfer and success at a baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Providing students in the workforce areas the knowledge and skills necessary for job enhancement.
- Providing employers in our community a trained, technically competent, and diverse workforce.
- Providing all students advising from a qualified, dedicated, and accessible faculty.
Our overall departmental mission is threefold: 1) to prepare students for entry-level employment in the rapidly expanding finance and banking industry, 2) to enable students to improve their job skills to promote career advancement and development 3) provide undergraduate courses to individuals who wish to transfer to complete a four year degree.
The department hires highly qualified professionals within our field of study and provides them the support they need. The department has relevant, up-to-date course materials and keeps text books current. Course content complies with federal and state laws and regulations and local industry standards and includes recommendations from the Advisory Committee. SCANS competencies along with Master Syllabi are posted on the departmental website.
Advisory Committee Information
The Financial Management Advisory Board is composed of recognized leaders in the field in ACC's service area. Members convene regularly to offer their combined expertise to influence the curriculum structure and instructional methods of the program.
Financial Management Advisory Members
- Midkiff, Ina
Title: Professor of Marketing
Department Chair Marketing, Financial Management, and Real Estate
Company: Austin Community College
Cypress Creek Campus
1555 Cypress Creek Road
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
- Harmatuk, Margot
Title: Chair, Branch manager, VP
3508 south Lamar Blvd
Austin, Texas 78704
- Bryant, Nikki
Title: Mortgage Consultant
Company: Lakehills Lending
- Ahrenholtz, Courtney
Title: VP Branch Mgr.
- Westmoreland, Justin
Company: Prosperity Bank
- Pearcy, Derrick
Title: Commercial Loan Officer
Company: Chase Bank Cedar Park