Purpose: To assist students enrolled in an Applied Science program at Austin Community College.
Amount: The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA in high school or college or submit a GED.
- Register in an Applied Science certificate or degree program at ACC.
- Financial need (as determined by ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
- Accept a mentor from Assistance League® of Austin.
- Scholarship will apply to tuition, fees, and books up to the designated amount.
- Submit degree plan.
- Enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of six hours on degree plan with a 2.0 GPA each semester while on scholarship.
- Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
- A student may re-take a course one time while on scholarship. The scholarship will not pay for any course a student enrolls in three or more times.
- If student is awaiting acceptance to an Applied Sciences program and has completed the required pre-requisite courses, the student may take courses applicable to a baccalaureate degree with the following conditions:
- Student must provide degree plan from intended college or university to ensure the coursework is applicable for their desired 4 year degree.
- Student may take up to two semesters of coursework toward a baccalaureate degree while waiting admission to an ACC Applied Science program. Student will not receive scholarship funds for more than two semesters of coursework not on their ACC degree plan.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online. (www.austincc.edu/foundation)
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year