Purpose: To assist students enrolled in the ASL and Interpreter Training Program at ACC.
Amount: $500 for tuition, fees, and books and interpreter related fees.
- Enrolled in Associate of Applied Science degree in the ASL and Interpreter Training Program at ACC.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 hours credit coursework at ACC with a minimum GPA of 3.0 including SLNG 2401 with a grade of B or better.
- Submit a 2-minute long video presentation in ASL addressing why you have chosen to enter the field of interpreting. (Preference is .mov format). Please submit to email@example.com. Contact Emily Anderson (512-223-3208) if you have questions.
- Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online. (www.austincc.edu/foundation)
Terms of Scholarship:
- Enroll in at least nine hours while on scholarship and earn a minimum semester GPA of 3.0.
- Enroll in at least one interpreting course while on scholarship.
- Scholarship must be used within the academic year it was awarded.
Application Deadline: May 1st Fall/ Nov 1st Spring