Purpose: To provide assistance to students in the ACC Education Instruction Program based on scholastic merit and a passion for teaching.
Amount: The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA in all college work.
- May only be used by students planning to enter the teaching field through the Austin Community College Associate of Arts in Teaching program.
- Successfully completed EDUC 1301 with a “C” or better.
- Essay should address why you have chosen a career in education.
- Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
- Possible interview with members of the Education Instruction Department faculty.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Successfully complete a minimum of six hours with a 3.00 GPA.
- Scholarship applies to tuition, fees and books.
- Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
- Re-application necessary each academic year.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online (www.austincc.edu/foundation).
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year