To assist individuals who have overcome addiction through Austin Recovery.
Amount: $2,500 for tuition, fees, and books.
- An overall 2.5 GPA in high school or college OR GED equivalency.
- Written recommendation from the Austin Recovery Volunteer and Alumni Specialist or Sponsor.
- An essay of 300 words or more explaining educational and career goals, and how you have recovered from addiction.
- Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online (www.austincc.edu/foundation) or submit a paper application to Austin Recovery.
Terms of Scholarship:
- May be used for any program at ACC that leads to a certificate or associate degree.
- Student must enroll in at least six hours each semester while on scholarship and earn a minimum semester GPA of 2.5.
- Student must be an active participant in the Austin Recovery Alumni Association.
- Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year