Purpose: To assist ACC students who have faced significant challenges in their lives
Amount: The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- Have not yet earned a college degree.
- Declared major in a degree or certificate program at ACC
- High school or GED.
- Submit an essay of no more than 3 typed pages indicating challenges faced, life goals, and educational and career goals.
- Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
- May be used for any program at ACC that leads to a certificate or associate degree.
- Scholarship applies to tuition, fees and books.
- Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
- Re-application necessary each academic year (not available if student withdraws from coursework while on scholarship or made less than a 3.0 GPA).
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online (www.austincc.edu/foundation) or submit a paper application and return it to any ACC Financial Aid Office.
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year