Purpose: To reward academic achievement, recognize individual accomplishment and assist deserving students in completing the course work for the associate of applied science in Visual Communication.
Amount: The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- ACC Visual Communication majors who have completed 18 hours of Visual Communication course work and have at least 9 credit hours remaining to complete their AAS in Visual Communication.
- Must supply three letters of recommendation, a short essay, a financial statement, and portfolio of 3 to 5 original illustrations and/or comprehensive layouts. (Video of animation or computer animation may be submitted as part of the portfolio requirement).
- Meeting satisfactory progress at ACC.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Maintain satisfactory progress while on scholarship.
- Scholarship applies to tuition, fees, and books.
- May only be used toward a degree or certificate in Visual Communication at ACC.
- Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
- Re-application necessary each academic year.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application and return it to the Visual Communication Department at the Northridge Campus, Room 4260 during working hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am until 4:00pm. For information please call 223-4838. The ACC General Scholarship Application can be obtained at:
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year