Purpose: To assist students enrolled in the ACC Accounting program.
Amount: The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- Accounting major at ACC.
- Submit an essay of no more than 300 words explaining career goals and how an accounting degree at ACC will assist in achieving your goals.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. At least one should be from an ACC instructor. At least one should be from an accounting instructor (any institution). The instructors’ telephone numbers should be included.
- Enrolled as an ACC student in good standing and hold a GPA of at least 3.0 for all courses taken at ACC within the last three years. Only courses taken at ACC during the last three years will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Professional Accountant and Accounting Specialist majors must have successfully completed both ACCT 2301 and ACCT 2302 (or their equivalents); and Accounting Technician and Accounting Clerk majors must have successfully completed ACNT 1403 (or its equivalent) by May for the Fall award and by December for the Spring award. Successful completion is evidenced by a grade of a C or better.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Recipient must maintain a grade of C or better during semester of the award.
- Scholarship only applies to tuition, fees, and books.
- Scholarship awarded for one semester.
- Student must enroll in at least one accounting course during the semester of the award.
- Re-application necessary each year.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online. (www.austincc.edu/foundation)
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year