Purpose: To assist widowed or divorced women with dependents pursuing education in a vocational or career area that will result in either an associate of applied science degree or certificate.
Amount: $5000 for tuition, fees and books divided over 2 years.
- Be widowed or divorced.
- Have custody of one or more dependents.
- Registered in a one year certificate or an associate of applied science two year degree program at ACC.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in all college work.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
Terms of Scholarship:
- Successfully complete a minimum of nine hours with a 3.0 GPA each semester.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application online. (www.austincc.edu/foundation).
Application Deadline: May 1st of each year